Sunday, July 17, 2011

MÜNCHEN! Strong feelings of nostalgia...

Once I arrived here in the beautiful city of Munich, I couldn't help but smile the entire time in the Ubahn until we finally reached Alte Heide. And as soon as they announced the next stop, Stusta, I felt as if I was dreaming, and as if this day would never come again. Haha. I couldn't help but laugh the entire walk from the Bahnsteig to Haus 3a. I'm not sure what it is about the Stusta that gives me such warm feelings of nostalgia, but I feel as though that the Stusta and that my time in Munich the previous year was the peek of my college experience. I mean, I traveled through-out Europe, met Elin, got to see my favorite team play five times in the Allianz Arena, drank great beer at the Tribuehne with their great but toxic food, and much more. The list can go on and on, so no wonder. Even though I was eaten alive by those damn bugs, I got to get know Billy a bit better having to sleep on his recliner chair during my 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th night in Munich. Haha. All in all it was a great experience. But enough with this talk of nostalgia as I always tell Matt. On my first night back I went to the Tribuehne to get Currywurst with potato wedges... They gave me so many potato wedges that I swear it would be enough for three people. Looks like the buehne has fallen on good times :)... doubt it though. The next couple of days I went for runs through the Englischer Garten and ran some errands. I meant to meet up with Ralf on that Tuesday, but I went in a giant circle in the Englischer Garten riding on Wadje's bike. Got to also see all of the 'beautiful' sun bathers along the Isar and the smaller streams. Once I finally made it to Universitaet, Ralf was already gone. So this time around, I made sure to take the road back. Once I got back to the Stusta, Marzerna and I went to McDonald's to get a McRib. And it was as amazing as ever!!! I bet Antonija wishes she was there, lol. The next couple of days I took it kind of easy, and then on Thursday I went back to see Ralf, Cristel, and Baerbel, along with the rest of the program kids. It was really nice to see everyone for the brief time I was with them. I'm planning on seeing them this upcoming week again when I return. All in all, the trip to Munich was amazing, and I'm looking forward to coming back.

  
LEBERKAESE!  
Scary movie, or home?
Stusta Life
Heaven on earth
Rare in the States-Made for Germany
The best beer in Deutschland... and its not a freagggin pale ale.
Typical work station Stustyle
Die Natur der Stusta

No comments:

Post a Comment